What is Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy?
- Three hour long sessions with the focus being on the therapy process and the insights that unfold under the influence of ketamine. Both Dr. Prashad and Laura provide support for the session. A session will entail preparation and goal setting and integration work in addition to the ketamine treatment itself. We can utilize sublingual (oral), intranasal esketamine, intramuscular ketamine, or intravenous ketamine for these sessions. We recommend a commitment of at least 4 ketamine sessions. Ketamine often has a cumulative effect and will be most beneficial after multiple treatments. This is the ideal model for those who have a history of trauma.
- One hour sessions consisting of preparation and intention setting prior to infusions. In addition, one hour sessions within 24 hours of an infusion treatment in order to integrate the experiences and insights from the ketamine treatment. Again, a commitment of at least four integration sessions is recommended.
LEARN MORE ABOUT
Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy
Schedule a Consultation
Laura Wiginton, LCSW
I believe that we heal through transforming and strengthening our relationships – with others and with ourselves. I am passionate about supporting people in getting as close to the truth of their situation as possible, because I believe the truth is where you will find your happiness. This has been true for me in my own life. I know very personally what a difference it makes to be understood in a deep and consistent way. Finding the truth can sometimes be frightening, but in my office you will have company on that journey.
I continue to actively collaborate and receive supervision with therapists who focus on ketamine assisted psychotherapy in their practice. Working with ketamine in conjunction with therapy is a powerful tool that assists patients in achieving profound and transformational breakthroughs that they could not achieve with therapy alone.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of Texas. I have been working with adults, adolescents, and families for over ten years. I earned my Masters degree in Clinical Social Work at The University of Texas at Austin in 2009, and hold a Bachelor of Arts in English from Rice University.
While my approach is primarily psychodynamic and relational, I incorporate elements of behavioral therapies – such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy – into my work as needed. My work is also informed by my own personal mindfulness and meditation practice.
I am an active member of the Houston Eating Disorder Specialists, and serve on their Executive Board. I am a Level 1 AEDP Therapist. AEDP (Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy) draws on attachment theory and neuroscience, and seeks to support clients in having healing experiences that support a renewed sense of vitality and resilience.
Bita Tabasi, LPC-A
Bita offers the following therapy services to support ketamine treatment:
- Ketamine assisted psychotherapy (3 hrs)
- Preparation Sessions (50 min )
- Integration Sessions (50 min)
- Individual Psychotherapy (50 min)
Sandhya Prashad, M.D.